Wednesday, November 15, 2006

craft fairs ahoy!

I know I don’t have to tell you lot that craft fairs are where it’s at when it comes to navigating your way through the trials (some might say trauma) of holiday gift buying. Of course making it all yourself is the most direct kick in the nuts to the over-consumption beast, but if that’s not a feasible option, then supporting local designers in buying their unique handmade goodies is a grand alternative.

This is all to say – it’s craft fair season! And there are a ton of indie options to choose from this year. All of this info can be found in the mother lode of craft fair lists but since the holiday sales begin this weekend, I figured it was worth highlighting those with an indie flava. If we missed any, please let us know.

Good Catch's Autumn Craft Fair
Saturday Nov. 18th
11am until 6pm
@Good Catch General Store - Upstairs. 1556 Queen St. W at Dowling

Sassy Little Craft Show
Saturday Nov. 18
6pm-1am
@ The Victory Cafe in the Annex

Crafternoon Tea 3
Nov 25
10am-6pm
@Queen
Street East Presbyterian Church, 947 Queen St. E

Artisan's Gift Fair
Nov 25-26 and Dec 2-3, 9-10, 16-17
Annetta Battey-Pratt at 416-532-7641

Church of Craft's Pedal to the Metal 4
Tuesday Dec. 2
11am-5pm
@ Sneaky Dees 461 College St. (at Bathurst)

Speakeasy's 7th Annual Holiday Sale
Thursday December 7th 8pm-midnight
@The Gladstone, 1214 Queen Street West, Second Floor

DUDE Show
Dec 8-10
Fri. 6pm-midnight
Sat. 11-7pm
Sun. noon-6pm
@The Latvian House, 491 College Street (west of Bathurst)

Nanopod First Annual Spectacular Craftacular
Dec 9 & 10
Sat. - 1pm-10pm
Sun. 1pm-6pm
@Nanopod studio, 322A Harbord Street

Last Minute Craft Fair
Thursday Dec. 16
11am-4pm
@Trinity St. Paul’s Centre, 427 Bloor St. W. (near Spadina Subway)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there! I am looking for a place or shop I can use to do fundraising for a charity.
I only need a day or two if necessary I will tend to the sales myself. The Canadian Helen Keller for the Deaf Blind is the charity I am volunteering my handmade crafts for the christmas season.
www.chkc.org/main/index.html
is their website to learn more about their services.
I am visual and hearing impaired myself as well as being a client I also volunteer part-time at the centre.
I have hand painted christmas ball decorations, potpourri, cat toys, jewellery and boxes.
If you know someone who has a space to spare or a shop who can help out this great organization.
I also will supply a table and brochures to also bring awareness to the local community.
I will bring as well an assistant to help with information and sales.
I will need a place between the 2nd of December and the 20th 2006.
Thanks so much
My contacts are stellamgartist@yahoo.com

11:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home