CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Grimsby Public Art Gallery's Vision 2009 (gala event: March 28, deadline: February 28)
Call for Entry
The Grimsby Public Art Gallery's annual auction, Visions 2008: Reach for the Stars is the gallery's primary fundraising event. It is organized and run by the Volunteer Committee of the Grimsby Public Art Gallery to support gallery operations, activities and programs. The auction always includes a selection of original works of art and the fine craft in a wide range of media and styles. Most of these pieces are generously donated by the people who created them, the artists and artisans in our community.
1. Eligible works include all areas of fine craft and visual art.
2. Works must be originals and created by the donor.
3. Deadline for submission is Saturday February 28, 2009.
4. The artist will be notified of the juror(s) decision by phone on or before Friday March 6, 2009. Any works not selected must be picked up on or before March 11, 2009.
5. Works should be of modest size (no larger than 30" in any direction and need not to be framed).
6. An artist must submit 1 or 2 works for consideration.
7. By submitting you agree to the reproduction of photographs of your work for the promotional and marketing efforts of the event.
8. Return a completed form with the work to be considered.
9. All artworks must be clearly identified with the name of the artist, the title of the artwork and the medium firmly affixed to the back (or bottom in the case of 3D works).
10. Include title, date, dimensions in inches (H x W [x D]), medium/media, suggested retail price and reserved bid. (Retail Price: must be consistent with current market value.
Reserved Bids: maximum 30% of retail price, can be less. If, in the opinion of the jury,the retail price is unrealistic, the artist will be advised and the price reduced or the artwork returned to the artist.)
11. Include a brief biography (one page max).
Selection Criteria and Process:
1. Selection/Balance of Media - The Auction committee would like to offer a good selection of varied media and subject matter in the works that are presented. This, in itself, results in the refusal of some good work.
2. Juror's decisions are final. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted.
3. Starting bids will be the reserve bid set by the artist or 10% of the declared value if no reserve is provided.
Application Forms are now available or just visit www.grimsby.ca and it is located on the right-hand side of the page in the "Recently Added Documents" column (Name: Art Auction - Call for Entry).
Please contact the gallery for more information.
Grimsby Public Art Gallery
18 Carnegie Lane
phone: 905 945 3246
fax: 905 945 1789