CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: TTC Landsdown Fence - Temporary Artwork (deadline: February 9)
The Artist's Scope of Work will include all stages of the development and installation of the artwork from conception to completion, including but limited to:
- Working with the project team to achieve an accepted concept within the schedule set for the project;
- Conducting technical research and providing samples of the proposed technique of integrating the artwork into the existing fence;
- Working with the Commission's art consultant and the station project team to present the concept to both public and Commission events, as required;
- Providing all materials, labour and services for the design, construction and installation of their artwork;
- Working with the project team to address maintenance requirements for the artwork; and
- Attendance at as many as 12 meetings with the TTC, public and various stakeholders
- The budget for the winning artwork is $80,000 (plus GST).
The Toronto Transit Commission is inviting Artists to request Prequalification Statements which outline the submission materials required for Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the Competition. Stage 1 will be an anonymous review that requires the submission of a concept sketch and statement.
An electronic copy of the prequalification statements can be requested by email:
Brendan Campbell, Contract Administrator
Phone - (416) 393-6728
Fax - (416) 338-0121
Hard Copy prequalification statements can be picked up at:
5160 Yonge Street - 6th floor (use west elevators)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Hard copy submissions must be received by Thursday February 9th, 2009 at 4:00 p.m.
Submissions will be reviewed by an independent jury convened for this project. A short list of 3 artists or artist teams will be selected to prepare a Stage 2 design proposal. Stage 2 finalists will be paid a $1,500 fee (plus GST) for their design proposal which they will be invited to present to the competition jury.
Artist presentations for Stage 2 will take place in March of 2009.Additional information may be obtained by visiting the TTC's Materials and Procurement Website accessed at www.ttc.ca under "Business with the TTC" or go directly to http://www2.ttc.ca/html/