Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ASK CRAFTY: crêpe paper, temari ball workshop, fully articulated doll maker, decal printing, and cheap velvet bags & jewellery boxes

Temari Ball. Originally uploaded by So Sylvie


Check out the latest ask crafty questions & comment on the post with your responses. If you have your own crafty question feel free to get in touch!

x Where can I find packages or sheets of crêpe paper? The type that Martha Steward uses in most of her crafts. - Kelly

x I am looking for a temari ball workshop in Toronto, any ideas? - Lisa

x I'm looking for an artist/crafter in the Toronto area who can work in fully articulated dolls. In terms of look what I need is dolls similar to the plain wooden models they use in art class, but they aren't articulated enough for my purposes. - Cory

x I’m looking for a Canadian place to get decals printed – to be used on glazed ceramicware like so. – Rebecca

x Where in Toronto can I find good prices velvet bags or jewelry boxes - Sonsoles

6 Comments:

Blogger kelly.dee said...

I did find some crepe paper at DeSerres but there was hardly a choice of colours.

10:29 a.m.  
Blogger krissy said...

I get my jewellery boxes at Retail Bag on Adelaide. i just checked their website and they have something called "suedine" bags which I'm guessing might be similar to velvet?
http://www.retailbag.com/boxes/jewellery.html

2:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: bags & boxes...

Retail Bag is conveniently located downtown for urban crafters.
Otherwise, you might find more selection and better pricing at Creative Bag www.creativebag.com - it's in the hinterlands (near York-U) & they've got a 2nd location in Mississ. Try to get a ride or drive there (or endure a TTC pilgrimage)! They also deliver for a fee.
Note: You get better deals, if you've got a vendor's permit (PST-exempt) and a membership there is free w/one - but: it's also open to the public.
Another more DIY/quirky-cute option is to make your own (fabric bags)...use scraps, ties, old silk scarves or retro linens.

3:45 p.m.  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Check a dollar store for crepe paper - it's sold for use with gift bags.

9:40 a.m.  
Blogger kelly.dee said...

I have checked dollar stores but they almost always sell tissue not crepe paper.

I wonder why it's so hard to find.

9:41 a.m.  
Blogger A. Nishidera said...

Have you tried Tern art supplies on Queen W. They used to carry a lot of basic elementary school art supplies. In the old days, crepe paper was a standard at elementary schools!

12:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home