Monday, May 19, 2008

TALK AMONGST YOURSELVES

i spent a belated mother's day weekend with my own mom. i took her to the cherry blossom high tea at the knit cafe, and re-learned to knit. this time i am going continental-style, since it looks like it's much quicker than english style. any one out there with experience in both? tips on advantages/disadvantages?water cooleras part of the Toronto Craft Alert's goal to galvanize the city's craft community, we'd like to get a bit of a discussion going. discuss any crafty topic you like... we'll be re-posting this thread every monday morning, so that the discussions can continue in the comments section of this post.

3 Comments:

Blogger I Heart That! Dance said...

Good mornin'! Technically it's like Monday still, right?

I've lost my voice -- not in some kind of metaphorical political sense either. Literally been whispering for the last 48 hours. It's kind of funny, because then everyone around me whispers also :)

Anyway, two weeks and counting until our next vendor's table (Irish dance competition in Mississauga) so I have to get cracking.

OK, I confess I never understood the difference between the two styles of knitting, because I mostly learned from books, and in pictures it's really hard to tell. I've heard that about continental style being faster though!

7:54 a.m.  
Blogger Shayne said...

Thanks for inviting us to leave comments. This is a terrific site. I teach art and I'm always trying to find supplies, not to mention attend craft shows in T.O.

I'd like to take some sort of hands-on course with my hubby this summer. He is in to woodworking, some metal work, I like just about everything else. I'd welcome all suggestions. I wouldn't want him to be the only man in whatever class we take :0

9:36 a.m.  
Blogger angelune said...

welcome morah!
I suggest looking into some jewelry or metalsmithing classes at either the devil's workshop or nanopod, or maybe some silkscreening classes at the contemporary textiles studio... there are a ton of classes in the city - just search for the "get schooled" posts in the blog, or check out the links on the right side of the page.

8:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home