Monday, May 05, 2008

TALK AMONGST YOURSELVES

travelled to aberfoyle this past Saturday to check out the semi-annual flamboro antiques fair, i got a bit of fabric, but it was a pretty grey and rainy day so the vendors packed up early. luckily i had made it out to the Estonian rummage sale earlier that morning, where i picked up a small bag full of crafting supplies and tools for only a dollar, as well as a few other finds like some wire baskets that i'm planning to use to organize my craft area at home, and a gorgeous embroidered picture of orange poppies. it was so beautiful outside yesterday that i cleaned off our patio furniture and sat outside crocheting for a few hours (even though my hands got a bit cold!). i know there was a ton of other crafty events this past weekend, what did everyone do?as part of the Toronto Craft Alert's goal to galvanize the city's craft community, we'd like to get a bit of a discussion going. discuss any crafty topic you like... we'll be re-posting this thread every monday morning, so that the discussions can continue in the comments section of this post.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ana said...

I participated in The Beampton Art Fair :)

11:31 a.m.  
Blogger Ana said...

errr Brampton :)

11:32 a.m.  
Blogger angelune said...

tell us more! how was the fair? how was the turnout? did you sell anything? what do you make?

1:57 p.m.  
Blogger I Heart That! Dance said...

hey hey Happy (errrgh) Monday!

Cool finds angelune :D I've got to get me out to the flea markets/ rummage sales.

How'd it go Shiny? share share! I was also hoping that a few of the folks who did the Clothing show would pop by and let us know how it went -- maybe they're recovering? :)

My news is boring-ish -- I think I found a wholesaler I can be happy with. it's still hard to comprehend buying a 50 m roll of fabric I've got to say, but the picking up a few metres here and there isn't working either.

Oh, I have a bit of exciting! Finally made my first sales on Etsy! One custom order and both iPod cozies got snapped up, yeah!

6:51 p.m.  
Blogger The_Gnarled_Branch said...

I, too, was a vendor at the Brampton Art Fair.
The crowds were a bit low in compared to the November event and alot of people that were there had that disease us crafters know as
"Browseritis". I made a decent profit but look forward to the November show as Christmas motivates the crowds to buy.

I was briefly at Shiny Black Shoes booth and was taken by her work-- very cool.

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger I Heart That! Dance said...

hey hey Dave, all recovered?

10:33 p.m.  
Blogger The_Gnarled_Branch said...

I think so... the odd cough now and then but I feel ALOT better than the last couple of weeks.

The antibiotics certainly helped.

I'm back on my feet baby...and ready to craft and paint!

12:06 a.m.  
Blogger My Belle Bijoux said...

Hey Guys,

I was at the Clothing Show and it was terrific! And yes, I was pretty much recovering yesterday because it was a long, hard weekend. Made lots of sales and connections with stores, and also had a blast with many of the other vendors. Made some awesome trades, too!

IHTD, congrats on your Etsy sales! I've totally neglected my shop for the past couple weeks, as I was super busy getting ready for the CS, plus a couple new stores. Didn't have much time to bum around online, but I think I'm back in the swing of things now.

Dave, how was the last Kitchener craft show? Are you participating in the one this month? Do they get enough traffic? I'm thinking about coming to the next one as a vendor, but I want to know if it'll be worth my while. Kitchener isn't exactly down the street... I'd probably have to spend a night in a hotel.

3:15 p.m.  
Blogger The_Gnarled_Branch said...

The Kitchener show wasn't too bad-- was alot better than their first attempt-since there was better advertising and it was right in city hall.
I did actually pretty well sales wise....but I don't think everyone did well.
I'm not doing the next show-- but may do the June show--not sure as of yet.

Oh I posted a note about a 'call for vendors' on Flickr for May 31...you all may want to look into it...I discovered it on toronto craiglist.

6:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home