Wednesday, December 05, 2007

ASK CRAFTY: decorative paper, wire wreath frame, eco-friendly paper, hat making course, tiny envelopes


It's been a little while since the last round of ask crafty so you guys must be chomping at the bit to answer these questions!

Please do so by commenting on this post.

x I am a visual artist painting on decorative paper of a specific style, and size. Essentially I seek wallpaper rolls without the glue backing, and the only place that has it is Laura Ashley. There are no locations in Canada, and I wish to see the rolls in their entirety prior to purchase. Scrapbooking paper but in rolls (36" wide x 100ft for example) would suffice. i am looking for floral/victorian patterns in pink/white/blue only. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! - Rob

x I'm looking for a wire wreath frame - preferably silver coloured, but I could deal with
green if only I could find it! There's probably a really obvious source that I'm missing, but aside from Michael's (don't feel like the transit ride that just won't end...) I'm at a loss. Help? - Susan

x We're printing a school calendar and would like to do it on eco- friendly paper. got any suggestions? - Ruth

x Does anyone know if there's a hat making course available in Toronto/GTA/Southwest Ontario? Or a flower making course for hats? - AR

x now that it's holiday time, I am trying to find some tiny, cheap envelopes to send my cards away in. Has anyone seen small [ preferably craft paper ] envelopes around the city, other than at the japanese paper place? - Amanda




stampo-cappello

11 Comments:

Blogger happyduck1979 said...

try walmart for a wreath frame. I know they used to have some in their floral department.

8:57 p.m.  
Blogger krissy said...

re: eco-friendly paper
try "grassroots". i seem to remember seeing it there during the back-to-school season. i'm also thinking i've seen some at staples where they keep the other photocopy paper.

re: wire wreath frame
i'll bet you could find that at any garden centre. i know there's one on pape around mortimer and also one on queen st. east just east of greenwood.

9:48 a.m.  
Blogger Melissa said...

I think the Umbra store is now selling wallpaper without glue (it's the without glue that I'm not too sure about). It's on John St one block north of Queen.

11:26 a.m.  
Blogger Bedford09S said...

George brown offers millinery courses as part of their night school program I think... their website is probably a lot more helpful than I am on this though!

11:41 a.m.  
Blogger angelune said...

you can get wallpaper at Ministry of the Interior on Ossington, and it isn't pre-pasted, and I think all the new designer wallpaper at Home Depot is also non-pre-pasted.
This is also a good time to find nice wrapping paper that could be used instead. I know there are nice sheets at Token on queen, and at Ziggy at Home and Ivory Parade on College - also try the Outer Layer.

4:32 p.m.  
Blogger angelune said...

eco-friendly paper... try Cascades brand - they are FSC certified and can be found at most office supply stores.

4:34 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

ps: you forgot to add my envelope question!

11:53 p.m.  
Blogger toronto craft alert said...

sorry bout that amanda - i've just added it.
xjx

12:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make your own teeny tiny envelopes using a punch (I bought mine at Loomis, but many craft/scrapbooking stores carry them too).

My rectangular punch makes envelopes that are 1.5" wide X 1" high - not sure if that's too small for your purposes...

8:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wallpaper - try warehouse which sell european wallpaper, I think without glue too. I bought from them some years ago. (416) 638-1638 31 Lido St. Finch&Hwy 400.

1:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umbra has really great wallpaper that is not pre-pasted, no glue on it. It's great quality with amazing patterns; I bought it, was really easy to put up. The store is at 165 John St. just north of Queen st., large pink building.

7:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home