Friday, October 05, 2007

ASK CRAFTY: blank recycled cards, felt squares, dolls eyes, fabric scaps, photo puzzle & box material /source

Parer_Weight_Glass_Eyes_For_Doll

A nice and plump ask crafty for you all to tackle...please comment on this post with your tips.

x I've looked everywhere for blank, recycled paper greeting cards but can not seem to find them anywhere. I'd prefer to buy them in large quanities if possible. Do you know where I can find some? Thanks. - Jennifer

x I'm in search of a shop that sells felt squares by the square and with a good color selection in Toronto. Any suggestions? I've only see felt by the yard or in packs of assorted colors (Loomis).
Thanks! - Daisy

x I have just started crocheting stuffed animals and I need to find a local store that sells child safe doll eyes - any ideas? - Lindsay

x And here's a few Qs from T.O. craft newcomer Crystal:
*where I can get inexpensive cotton blend fabric scraps (for my first quilt making extravaganza)?
*if anyone knows of a local place where i could get a photograph printed/made into a jigsaw puzzle (i've found a few online sites, but i'm hoping to avoid the eco-impact of shipping, etc.)
*i'm making some art multiples, and previously made my own miniature hand-folded boxes for each multiple, but I'm hoping to outsource this, or find a material that works better for a box than cardstock... thoughts, anyone?

7 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Fabricland sells felt squares (1 ft square or so) for 99cents a piece. They have a pretty good selection of colours. And if you have a membership they are even cheaper

12:04 p.m.  
Blogger krissy said...

re: child-safe eyes
you've probably already thought of this but i thought i'd suggest it just-in-case...what about embroidering the face details or even cutting pieces out of felt/fabric scraps and sewing them on?

re: fabrics for a quilt project
i've recently found the wonders of the toronto freecycle group (on yahoo). you could always ask if anyone has scraps to give you on there. also, people are often giving away old sheets on there. you could cut them up and quilt away... or even hit up the thrift stores and pick up big queen or king-sized sheets and do the same.

4:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Midoco (there are two locations that I know of) has felt squares available. They have all the basic colours.

8:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the recycled greeting card dilemma try www.madebyhilary.com ?
It's not recycled, but it's reclaimed paper.

8:55 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

how about grassroots? for recycled paper cards? they are online and have two shops in toronto...

10:14 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For inexpensive fabric I go to either St. Vincent de Paul second hand stores, Goodwill or the Sally Ann. Value Village is too expensive. I buy cotton fabric for making paper from these places. Usually I'm cutting up old clothes or sheets that I've gotten there.

3:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am looking for sticky felt and also sticky rubber backing; I have some beautiful tiles that I want to turn into coaster. Preferably, I would like to use a rubber backing that I could jsut stick to the back of the tiles. If I can't find this - stickly felt will do! Suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

5:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home