Sunday, January 21, 2007

cute store alert: wildhagen

O.k. I'll admit to being a little bit out of the store loop - both Now and The Globe profiled Wildhagen haberdashery back in November. But I'm betting some of you are like me and had no idea that this little gem existed.

Tucked away above Mokuba ribbon shop at 575 Queen St. West (2nd floor), Wildhagen's second location (the other one being in the Case Goods Warehouse in the Distillery) glows with woodsy warmth while still maintaining a decidedly modern sensibility. The hats are made from a variety of materials, though mainly wool felt and knitted wool. The shop also carries some wild loopy fabric scarves by Movement, as well as the loveliest ceramic jewellery by Denmark's
Anne Black.

Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday noon

wildhagen imgs
Images from http://www.wildhagenwear.com/

Blogger tsiaware has done great job of describing another recent Queen West addition, Americo Originals - where your mind will be blown by the truly unique selection of gorgeously coloured and textured yarns and trims from Argentina. Check it out here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be careful of Americo. I went in with an idea for a piece I was making and the woman in there seemed to be helpful but then didn't return my phone call. When I went back in I saw that she had taken the idea and was selling it herself. My supplier had become the competition. Not a good moral stance for a new store trying to gain new clients. Down right low-down!

10:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home