Wednesday, December 13, 2006

call for fresh designers

A message from Laura-Jean, the Knitting Queen:

I am a clothing designer with 2 fabulous stores, Fresh Collective and Fresh Baked Goods. As well as designing and making clothes, I rent out space in my stores to other local designers who work one day a week in the store. It's a great way to share the expenses and responsibilties of running a store, and gives people (especially those just starting out) a chance to get their product out there, available to the public 7 days a week! As well, working in the store gives you a chance to do market research, see what people are buying and why, and be available to your customers in a professional setting to meet for custom orders etc. There are a ton of advantages to selling your handmade goods this way, and I've seen many local designers be able to quit their "real" jobs and focus on their business full-time! Many have built very strong businesses in this framework, and some have even gone on to open their own stores! I am always on the look-out for talented, ambitious, creative people with great fashion, jewellery, accessories or kids stuff to join our group! Check out my websites www.freshcollective.com and www.freshbakedgoods.com and feel free to contact me for more info: knittingqueen@rogers.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home