Monday, May 29, 2006

the streetknit project

Hot & muggy T.O. summertimes rarely inspire me to pick up my knitting needles (though admittedly I am a pretty slack knitter year round). But I may just have to get my sticks in gear this time to knit a scarf or three for the StreetKnit Project - an initiative that asks you knitters to "put your needles together and spend some time this summer knitting some warmth into a sweater, a hat, mittens, socks, or scarf to help keep someone warm this winter"

All of your fuzzy output will be donated to various homeless outreach programs in the Fall.

This project is apparently in its infancy, so check back at their website in a bit for updates re: participating programs. Contact them at
streetknit@gmail.com for more info.

I've mentioned before that I would love to know about more "craftivist" projects happening around town - socially progressive initiatives that employ craft as a vehicle for social change. If you know of others, please comment or
drop me a line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home