Friday, May 05, 2006

ask crafty Qs

You know the drill: If you can help these ladies out, comment here or email me your advice.

x I want to purchase a jewellery display from a local supplier, but I'm not sure where to go. The rack would be used to display necklaces for craft sales and show, and, ideally, would have a tree-like shape (where the necklaces would hang from the branches). I am hoping someone could tell me either where where I can purchase something like this, or where I could get one made. - Michelle
x Any idea where I can find crewel embroidery wool in the city? I tried Romni on Queen without any success. Appleton brand would be ideal. - Megan

5 Comments:

Blogger mishka said...

ooo! thanks, beth - that sounds like a good idea. I'll check it out online, or next time I'm in an ikea neighbourhood.

11:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually just came from a couple of places a couple of hours ago....
king display...on adelaide, west of spadina on the north west corner...they have those tree things you were talking about.
across the street from king displays is another retail display store (can't remember the name of the store...starts with p)they have tons of things for jewelry.
karen

2:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wm Prager http://www.wmprager.com/ is at 391 Adelaide, that might be the one that Karen mentioned

11:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been in there in a while and I couldn't find their exact address, but another place you might want to check out is Toronto Jewellery Supply (T.J. Supply)- on Camden, just off Spadina. They're near the end on the south side. It's a bit weird and cluttered, but my parents used to send me there for all sorts of jewewllery and watch supplies.

8:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

megan, I've been looking for Appleton crewel wool too, with very little luck. Someone suggested a place called Nimble Thimble on Yonge at Lawrence, but I haven't been able to get in touch with them because they were closed all this week. I think there are a few Canadian online stores that sell it too, but I'm still researching that.

8:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home