Thursday, April 20, 2006

ask crafty: four more

Some new ask crafty questions for you to chew on. Spout your crafty wisdom in the comments to this post, or email me with your response.

x"Where can one find wool felt in the city?" - Tara
x"Where in Toronto can I find Japanese Craft Books? I've seen some(ribbon-related) Japanese craft books at Mokuba ribbon shop on Queen West at Portland. Is there anything else? I'm looking for Japanese crochet books"
-Indigo
x"I am trying to find out more information on how to solder; I make jewelry and REALLY wanted to add that to some of my styles but NO idea what it entails. Is there a simple variation of this technique?" - Viki
x"I just ruined a beautiful vintage sweater with indelible stains... stupid stupid, but I didn't really love the colour to begin with, so I'm thinking about dyeing it... any suggestions? It's all wool." - Day

FYI, a topical ask crafty archive has indeed been added to the sidebar for future ref (look to the right and scroll down a bit).

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

love this new feature! I too am *dying* to find some wool felt in the city, so I eagerly await a response :)

5:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For soldering, I find that Craftster has some info and examples, particularly the "picture frame" pendants that are soldered. Not sure if this is the type of thing you're after, but check out http://www.craftster.org and do a search for soldering.

Thanks for the tip on J-crochet- I have looked at Samko and will check Lil Tokyo next!

2:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home