CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Open Studio Gallery's Exhibition Program (deadline: January 30) and other Open Studio Information
Open Studio, Canada's leading print media centre, is currently acceptiong submissions for our Exhibition Program
All submissions must be postmarked on or before January 30, 2009
Submissions are now being accepted for exhibitions in the Open Studio Gallery for the period between September 2009 and July 2010. Open Studio is an artist-run printmaking centre that presents a wide range of print media-based works from traditional to experimental, including work that, although not produced using traditional printmaking techniques, shares through its conceptual concerns a relationship to printmaking.
Accepted formats include:
2- and 3-dimensional works, bookworks, digital and multi-media installation-based work. Proposals by individual artists, groups and curators will be considered. CARFAC Artist Fees are paid. A gallery floor plan is available on our website <http://www.openstudio.on.ca/galleryplan.html> .
Submissions must include:
* Twelve slides or digital images of proposed work in PDF File format or PowerPoint document only on a CD (other formats will not be viewed disqualifying the submission)**
* A detailed slide/image list
* Exhibition proposal (max 2 pages)
* A current curriculum vitae
* Self-addressed, envelope with postage stamps only (no prepaid, dated postage meter tapes). If submitting from outside Canada please include International Postage Coupons, available at your local Post Office.
* For information regarding eligibility, please visit our website <http://www.openstudio.on.ca/eligibility.html> .
**Email applications will not be accepted.
If submitting digital images, please comply with the following guidelines:
* Compatible with Mac OS X
* .jpg or .pdf format only, not to exceed 1MB or 1024 x 768 pixels
* Identify each image with a number and a title corresponding to a descriptive list
SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
The Gallery Committee
c/o OPEN STUDIO
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 104
Toronto ON M5V 3A8
Applicants will be notified of results in approximately 6 to 8 weeks.
Image: Installation view of Second Hand, a solo exhibition by Suzie Smith, Open Studio Gallery, September 11 - October 4, 2008.
OTHER OPEN STUDIO NEWS:
+ We are currently accepting submissions for our 100 Prints Fundraiser. All entries selected will be eligible for 2009 Open Studio Print Awards which include cash prizes valued at $3,000, $1,500 and $500. Further information is available for download at: http://www.openstudio.on.ca/images_site/100_Prints_Call_2009.pdf.
The deadline for entries is February 20, 2009.
+ We are currently accepting registration for our Winter education program, but courses are filling up quickly. For further information, see http://www.openstudio.on.ca and click on “Education”.
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 104 • Toronto ON M5V 3A8
email@example.com • www.openstudio.on.ca