Wednesday, April 02, 2008

CRAFT TORONTO PICS: pharaoh by nanopodstudio


pharaoh, originally uploaded by nanopodstudio.
pendant/brooch

Bet you thought that the Craft Toronto Pics had shriveled up and perished. Bet you thought the action had slowed in the photo pool. Not so!

Nope, your trusty photo poster, Becky (that's me), leads a double life that stole her (me) away from many crafty things for a few weeks. Can anyone name what that other life is? If so, I'll give you something.

Here's a hint: Google me.

But back to being back...the Craft Toronto photo pool has been veritably brimming in my absence both with the steady stream of things being made in this city (like the shining example by mastercrafter, Tosca Teran, of Nanopod Hybrid Studio) and with discussions of panic attacks, procrastination, upcoming events and, yes, even the weather.

Ah, spring. There's nothing like a good dose of sunshine to get us feeling antsy to make stuff.

6 Comments:

Blogger not so crafty lady said...

Hi Becky,
SO whats your other life did you get married? I don't get your hint but I googled you and didn't really see anything not that I would know because I don't know you but since you want to give me something I thought I'd give it a shot so I googled Sweetie pie press and went to your flickr page and I saw in bold letters "I'm Taken" so I took it literally to mean seeing or engaged to someone. So a few weeks...marriage honeymoon and back home again. Or maybe you just like getting googled *giggle* So am I right? What do I get? :)

12:14 a.m.  
Blogger sweetie pie press said...

nope.

interesting guess, though.

my life partner doesn't believe in marrying me. i guess he hates fun and obligations.

2:13 a.m.  
Blogger Amy R Singer said...

challenging!

i see that you are [were?] part of an improv duo [iron cobra], do Theatresports [i love that stuff...as an audience member] and that you teach. are you a teacher?

you're certainly busy!

Amy

9:29 a.m.  
Blogger not so crafty lady said...

I'm glad you thought my initial guess was interesting...it's nice to be thought of as interesting. But after some more searching I read on another blog that you were running an improv tournament/festival I couldn't find out what it was called but I found a 2007 on that was called World Domination so I figured it was the '08 edition of the same event. Is that it? And I agree with Amy you are quite busy. I really like your Frozen Mitten endeavor if I find some frozen mittens can I bring them to your home for frozen mittens?

12:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

becky's other other life is being an invisible lady. but not necessarily in a creepy stalker way. more like bill cosby in ghost dad.

1:28 p.m.  
Blogger sweetie pie press said...

amy, you win!

you got a bit off track with the teaching thing, but i was willing to hand the prize off to anyone who figured out i am a performer.

i spent my last couple of weeks running the catch23 tournament of wonders, an international improv tournament and festival attached to the weekly show catch23 improv.

for your spying, you win two tickets to the weekly show (every monday at clinton's tavern). just get in touch and i will hook that up.

hooray!

2:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home