Saturday, January 12, 2008

CRAFT TORONTO PICS: mix tape journal by paste sniffer


04.mixtape, originally uploaded by paste sniffer.

Okay, so I happen to know that this in one in a series of mix tape journals that Leah Buckareff (Reverend Mother of the Toronto Church of Craft, and my good friend) is making.

In an attempt to make a bunch for the Valentine's Trunk Show, I also have it on rather good authority that she has been in the market for new mix tape titles, possibly feeling that her latest ones have been too morose.

So if anyone feels like inspiring her in the comments section, go to! I'm sure she could use both proposals for mix tape titles (bear in mind she will have to stitch them by hand through cardboard) and reasons any of you have made/received mix tapes.

Even if Leah doesn't end up using this information, I thought it might be a good topic of discussion. Especially with Valentine's Day on the horizon.

Oh, and another heads up - the January Church of Craft service will be a free/by donation bookbinding workshop lead by Leah. That's January 20 at the workroom. You can find all the info on that here.

Photo from Craft Toronto photo pool.

7 Comments:

Blogger toronto craft alert said...

these are amazing!

i'm not so good with words when it come to these sorts of things, though.

hey! howabout "i'm not so good at words", that's kind of romantic in lloyd dobbler sorta way...

3:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I used to call my mix tapes things like "chex mix" and "cake mix"

Yeah, I thought I was cool :D

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger angelune said...

I had a boyfriend who turned all weird when I broke up with him - it was like I broke him. I lived here in Toronto and he was living in New Brunswick, but I knew he would still visit Toronto, and when he did I would get a package on my doorstep, no stamp, no address, just my name. A bit creepy... the package always contained a mix tape, sometimes nothing else. This went on for at least a year. I remember one arriving with a simple note "you are missed" - that could be a good one, but I'm not sure that's deviating from the morose theme.

8:54 p.m.  
Blogger sweetie pie press said...

i have to say, it's hard not to be morose in mix tape form. even the loving ones often have detached names.

the one i came up with was "i miss us" - a phrase i find deeply gross.

around my house, most of the mix tapes have puns for titles. aitor has a really great country mix he's called "bucolic plague".

as for me, i had a guy court me once with a mix tape of his music. as hilariously tacky as that is, he's pretty talented.

10:17 p.m.  
Blogger I Love You said...

O wow, I love this idea.

A high school crush gave me a mix tape with pictures of bells where the title should be.

Have you seen this?

http://www.woostercollective.com/2007/03/scottys_mixtapes.html

I vote for "I love you." But I would : )

Love,
Sharon

10:44 p.m.  
Blogger I Love You said...

Did the url come thru? It looks muffled on my screen.

It's

woostercollective.com/
2007/03/scottys_mixtapes.html

Sorry about that.

10:47 p.m.  
Blogger leah b said...

oh this is so great! i once got a jilted mix-tape titled 'tainted love' that, of course, included the title track.

another break-up tape i got included only matthew sweet songs and was called 'ex-girlfriend'.

9:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home